Monteverde, Costa Rica
(506) 2645 5454 - 8380 4437
Book Now
Our motto

We care for Nature …
We have taken the direction of buying land to protect the natural resources. We know we must be creative to make a living from this.
We are using 30% of our land for regenerative farming, the remaining 70% we protect for Nature. We promote a similar attitude with our neighbors.
We welcome our Ecotourists and hope your selections on services and attractions favor those with best practices.
Dear “eco” traveler: knowing well what you are supporting can help change the world in a positive way.
It is important to know about :

1. Water management programs.
2. Where do this little animals in the “zoo-gardens” come from?
3. Sponsoring programs for Conservation or Education.

Monteverde is lovely, we count on your help to keep it this way. Find a quiet spot when you get a chance and enjoy yourself.

Gaudy & Federico Muñoz

Reserve Now


1. Private Reserve with 4 miles of trails for walking / hiking. You may want to avoid walking through a more touristy reserve.
2. The famous Resplendent Quetzal breeds here abundantly.
3. Free self guided maps for our guests.
4. See, touch, taste, smell, learn and have fun with our animal companions. Your children will be in heaven.
5. Costa Rican life: "Terra Viva is located in a little valley, from there, one doesn´t see other houses or buildings. A beautiful and really unspoiled natural setting; the chance for city folks to go around and see farm work and animals; and maybe most importantly, the opportunity to experience a little slice of Costa Rican daily life".
6. Location. Terra Viva is about 5 minute drive from Santa Elena, and is completely away from the hustle and bustle of Monteverde.
7.Wireless Internet available 24/7.
8. Our water is spring fed, it is rich in minerals and good for ingestion and for the skin.
9. Hot showers at Finca Terra Viva are heated by very modern and efficient solar heaters.